I will deliver the 3-day version of my Pentesting ICS training at SHACK in Singapore in March !
Please follow the link for more information, or look at the training outline below.
30th March – 1st April 2020
On this intense 3 – day training, you will learn everything you need to start pentesting Industrial Control Systems . We will cover the basics to help you understand the most common ICS vulnerabilities. We will then spend some time learning and exploiting Windows & Active Directory weaknesses, as most ICS are controlled by Windows systems.
We will cover the most common ICS protoco ls (Modbus, S7, OPC – UA…), analyze packet captures and learn how to use these protocols to talk to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs). You will learn how to program a PLC, to better understand how to exploit them.
The training will end with a challenging hands – on exercise: The first CTF in which you capture a real flag! Using your newly acquired skills, you will try to compromise a Windows Active Directory, pivot to an ICS setup to take control of a model train and robotic arms.
- Module 1: Introduction to ICS
- Module 2: Pentesting Basics & tools
- Module 3: Windows basics and pentesting Windows
- Module 4: Common ICS vulnerabilities
- Module 5: ICS protocols
- Module 6: Introduction to safety for security pros
- Module 7: Programming PLCs
- Module 8: Pentesting ICS
- Module 9: Securing ICS
- Module 10: Case study
- Module 11: Capture The Flag
- This class is suited for security people wanting to discover the world of Industrial Control Systems or automation engineers that want to understand in-depth what are the ICS security issues. An understanding of TCP/IP networking, the ability to work with virtual machines and a command line is required.
- No previous pentesting or industrial control systems experience is required.
- Students must bring a laptop capable of running 64-bit VMs (8gb RAM, 50gb free disk space)
- All required software is provided in 3 VMs that each attendee will receive on a USB drive